No where else to go

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by clsmooth, May 1, 2012.

1. clsmooth

clsmooth

Aug 12, 2011
    I think I am done....it looks like a guitarists pedal board!

Attached Files:

2. nice choices man!

3. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    You, sir, are missing a flanger and an octave pedal. Nope, not done, yet. :D

4. samboskull

samboskull

Mar 29, 2009
    Can't see any strings, no idea how you're gonna play that.

Seriously though that gec9 is the coolest thing I've ever seen, cannot believe I've never come across one of them before, I've wanted something like that for ages, likes cheap way to convert your pedal board to a mutlifx!

5. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Moen has a bunch of cool stuff, but since they are labeled a "cheap asian maker", they get discounted by a lot of people.

6. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I laugh (in a good natured way) everytime I see someone say "I'm done". I myself have said it numerous times.

7. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Same here my low-end brother! I just said that the other day upon purchasing a Flanger then thought...I need an expressionator....

to OP: that's a sexy board there but like mentioned no flanger and esp. no octave...:eyebrow:

:bassist:

8. clsmooth

clsmooth

Aug 12, 2011
    Unfortunately in my current project the octaver didn't get that much use, plus I wasn't a fan of the synthy sound from the Micro Pog, now if I could get my hands on a DOD Meat Box....that'd be a different story!

You all are right though...a good pedal board is like writing good music...it is never really "done"...you just have to stop at some point though, haha.

9. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    My pedal board looks identical to that!! Well...... Except for everything that's not a TurboTuner.....

10. Freight Train

Freight Train Earth-based Alternative Scientist, Sex Researcher

Feb 25, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    Here's my pedal board.

[​IMG]

I promise, it's a lot more fun when you start working backwards out of all that.

11. Damascus

Damascus

Aug 9, 2008
    +1 for the spread. Liking the gec9 as well.

(damn, no MIDI control on the gec9 - almost the holy grail of control stations there)

12. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    How do you like that WMD Geiger Counter, and what sort of things do you use it for?

13. clsmooth

clsmooth

Aug 12, 2011
    The Geiger counter is absolutely wicked. It is a versatile little box too.

you can get everything from warm gated fuzzes to absolutely annihilated distortions and then tweak those to sound like computer beeps and bops and then turn those on their heads as well.

I primarily use it as a nasty lo fi distortion right now but had the expression pedal hooked up to it at one point, but it just got too scary that way. With the exp pedal you can make it almost into a gated wah type distortion with sweeping the bit rates (but not the sample rates). You can sweep both the sample and bit rates too, but it gets out of control that way.

The box gets pretty hot too and doesn't interact nicely with other effects coming into it, so I have to use it at the beginning of the chain as almost a pre amp (a preamp that draws only 20-30ma though!).

14. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    That is one tasty board, son....

15. How you like that boost pedal, top left?

16. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO Inactive

May 4, 2006
    Courtenay, BC, Canada
    Not everyone plays classic rock covers man. There are a lot of people on this forum that can't make the music they make without "all that". Try telling these guys they don't need effects:

Jojo Mayer and Nerve Recording Studio 2010 - YouTube

Our Helical Mind ft. Karizma - 'Get Money!' at Wax N' Lyrical @ The Bodega - YouTube

True Tiger LIVE Trailer - YouTube

17. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Anti-FX trolls are anti-fx.

18. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I ain't anti effects, I just really dig my turbo-tuner.

19. jelly.... I wish I had no where else to go, so to speak :meh:

20. clsmooth

clsmooth

Aug 12, 2011
    True tone boost is sweet, simple, clean, and sounds great.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021