no you can't use it!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassguitar, Nov 4, 2005.

1. So my drummer rents space for us to jam with a buddy of his. They in turn rent it to other bands to use. No problem. Each of the respective bands leave their gear there, and nobody use's anybody elses stuff. No problem.

So last night we had a great rehearsal. One of the other bands shows up on a night that's not theirs, so they had to wait until we were done around 11. No problem.

As we're done packing up, I find out the next band is auditioning a bass player, so he's new to the space. He immediatly proceeds to begin to setup by my rig, and puts his sweaty bottle of water on top of my head!! Politely as I could (without freaking out) that no he can't use my rig, and no you can't put your drinks on it!!!

Now it makes me nervous to leave my stuff there, though I'm sure it's no problem as it hasn't been before.

sorry for boring you with my story.
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If you leave it there, you are at risk. If you must leave it, cover it, yank the fuse. You never know what people will do when you're not around - or the justifications they will use to use your stuff without contacting you first just because "something went wierd" with their stuff right in the middle of rehearsal.
  3. Relying on people to do the right thing when you're not there watching them like a hawk is like expecting water to not be wet. If people were basically honest like that, you would have a note on your windshield every time someone doored your car in the parking lot.

Ever seen one? Me neither.