1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NOBD..My 1st 5 string (Carvin Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markob, Apr 25, 2010.

1. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    My $300 2003 B5. Been playing a long time and all 4 bangers. Would have liked to have been able to justify a higher end model but not at this time. I can say that she "feels" right. Nice ebony board on maple. Comfortable profile and good balance. Nice tone in the passive position. W/ coil split option on the bridge bucker. All in all I'm very happy. My thanks to those who replied to my earlier questions and concerns regarding this bass. Here she is. Black like my coffee..;)

Attached Files:

2. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    [​IMG][/IMG]

000_1325.

000_1324.

3. Markob nice! Here are two pictures my B5. I picked it up at the end of January this year I also paid $300 for mine which to me seems like a steal because it plays and feels great and the tone is great as well.

4. Rocky

Rocky Banned

Jul 21, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Looks like a damn nice bass to me!

5. Bass.

Bass.

Jan 23, 2006
    San Diego
    how do you like playing a 5?

6. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    Hey Bass-
    I think I'll adjust. Been running over 1-5 positions in D Major and I'm digging it. May have to woodshed for awhile before put the P down and bring this into the Worship team. It sounds lame but I may have more difficulty getting used to the active option. I'm so old school it's sick when it comes to passive P bass tone. It's what I know. I sold a nice Alembic Essence because I never could get the sound twice from room to room. With my P Bass's I can dial in quickly no matter what the situation. I do have the option to go passive with this Carvin though.. but I gotta crawl out of the dark ages..

7. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    Love the greenburst Vladchrome. Is that a matching headstock?

8. Yes matching headstock too. It looks like we got the same pick up set up which I like.

9. Bass.

Bass.

Jan 23, 2006
    San Diego
    I;m with you markob

I'm really big on passive tone and i need to find a way to get a passive sounding preamp