1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NOBD - Thunderbird content ahead

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassJuju, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BassJuju

BassJuju Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Kentucky
    A few days ago, I posted asking TB for thoughts on the value of a really nice P-Bass that a friend is selling and got crickets. No worries, although I am sort of amazed at what catches fire around here from time to time. I digress. In talking with him about the P I wondered why he would sell it. He said, he wanted a T-bird. It got me to thinking, and that's usually bad, that maybe I should play one of these 'birds. I had played his P-bass and have my own already, so I have a feel for tone and play. I recalled that the local GC had a used 'bird on the wall last time I was there and the price was, well not too bad, especially given that they are listed at $2200-ish new. I looked at the website to see if it was still there, and it was, but it was listed as "Good" condition. This always makes me nervous, but since I could actually play it and look at it, I decided to go have a look. It has been there a few months and that also made me a bit uncomfortable and all the way there I kept saying, "You aren't going to buy this bass." But... I did. Loved the playability, the tone, the way it sat on my leg, even the way it held up on the strap as I was expecting monstrous neck dive, and the price. It is a 2008, it has very minor surface scratches that can be easily be buffed out, and totally rocks! The case looks like it's been drug down the road, but not the bass! And, I got it for $879 +tax. I hope to move my GAS pains to electronics from now on. :)

Here she is getting ready for the ride home, reclining in the studio, and hanging out with a bad crowd.

Happy New Year!
    fullsizeoutput_361. fullsizeoutput_360. fullsizeoutput_362.

gustophersmob, petch, RedVee and 7 others like this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Looks good to me and the price is as good as it gets for a Gibson.

3. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    Neck dive :roflmao:

Nice bird BassJuju, it looks in very good nick. The necks on these are amazing, even with my stubby little fingers I can rattle around the fretboard no problems. Now you have joined in the realms of bad company get yourself over to the Thunderbird club and show it off there.

No need to wish you a happy new year, I can see you're having one!

RedVee and rumblejunkie like this.
  4. Mike A

Mike A

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Excellent! Welcome to the Tbird world, BassJuju, stop in over at the Thunderbird Club thread if you haven't already. Nice to know there is another 'Bird lover in Kentucky. (What part of Kentucky?)

Thunderbird Club thread:
    Thunderbird Club

rumblejunkie likes this.
  5. Nobody answered your question about the P bass value because you have to at least be a "Supporting Member" to ask that.

Love the T-Bird. Happy New Year.

6. Christine

Christine Guest

Aug 3, 2016
    With a Tbird you'll never need your member supporting again!

Mike A, rumblejunkie and Gluvhand like this.
  7. veebass

veebass

Mar 27, 2014
    Australia
    Nice! I have 2008 Gibson as well. Great bass!
    See you over at the TBird Club.

RedVee likes this.
  8. RedVee

RedVee

Dec 24, 2014
    Australia
    Nice 'Bird JuJu. $879 incl case? A great get. Welcome to Birdland.

Mike A likes this.
  9. BassJuju

BassJuju Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Kentucky
    Yep... Case is fairly rough, but vey functional. I may replace it in the future if I can find one.

RedVee likes this.
  10. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Looks like you got a very good deal, well played sir, well played