1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NoBD! (Warning: Ibanez content :p )

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BullHorn, Nov 4, 2010.

1. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    I've had GAS for an Ibanez SoundGear for years and finally I found someone selling it for under 500 dollars (Which is pretty cheap for my country). It's the old model of the SR505, I think it would feel better with a set-up but it sounds good as is. It is balanced perfectly and has 0 neck-dive.

DSCF0642.
    DSCF0645.

The only real thing I can find with it is the rusty bridge:
    DSCF0646.

Can this be a problem I should look to fix before it happens or just clean it as best as I can and let it be?

2. New strings. Clean it. Rock it. No big deal. Have fun!

3. XiXora

XiXora

Apr 24, 2006
    Looks very familiar to me :p

4. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I've had a strong infatuation on Ibanez Sr basses since I played one about...two years ago. I just worry that I'll get annoyed with those crazy thin necks.

5. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I would take off the strings, remove the bridge, and clean it up. then just slap it back together and get to playing her. Congrats!

6. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Congrats, nice bass.

7. what the heck? What did that person play only beach gigs right on the ocean 5 days a week? how does a bridge rust and corrode like that?

I'd take the bridge apart,put the screws and springs,soak them in CLR and while thats goin,go at the bridge with some 0000 steel wool.

8. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    Thanks for the tips, I'll do that when I change strings. They seem old but the bass makes them sound NEW. It's so zingy and high-end--ish. I love it!

I'm so glad I bought it, I was just about to say no and just go home but then I did. When I was playing it at his home through his PC with Cubase and an Ampeg-emulator, I thought it was horrible. But here with my MarkBass combo and the 1x15 additional cab, it's BRILLIANT. Obviously not for funk/reggae, but for rock/metal it's perfect :)

GAS - Satisfied.

9. Congrats; enjoy your Soundgear! You can play fast with the thinner necks.