Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nobles bass overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by poor_gear_whore, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Does anyone own one? I played one today and was fairly impressed with the sound. Especially for the price. My only concern is the construction seamed to be a bit on the crappy end. I was wondering if anyone has had problems with durability?

2. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

May 12, 2004
    i own one and i like it.

but overall i'm not satisfied with it.
    you can dial in smooth overdrive and aggressive distortion, too. but imo the overall sound is to muddy for me.
    the drive starts to sound real great at 11/12 o'clock and beyond.but then you get totally lost in the mix.(nothing to be kept on permanently)
    lover gain that doesn't affect the sound to much.

and the thing which i dislike the most that it totally drowns everything from the original sound of your bass.no dynamics, no harmonics.although you can work with the eq but that feels and sounds way to artifical to me.

well doesn't sound to good eh?don't get me wrong. it's cool a pedal for solos/intros and stuff with little guitarplay for example.
    maybe i'm just expecting to much. who knows...
    if you like that's great. buy it.
    the battery-clip on the top is a real improvement. :hyper:

btw: where are you from?nobels is a germany company. never saw that stuff outside germany. what's the price you can buy it for?
    hm i have to excuse for my crappy english :)

3. I live in the US. Specifically Omaha,Nebraska. One of the local music stores just picked up the nobles line. I think they are asking $70 US. Thanks for the info. I agree with the you about the 11 to 12 oclock on the gain. I think it would due for what I want from it.

4. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

May 12, 2004
    yep 70usd is matches the price i paid in euros.
    what kind of distortion are you searching?
    if you like it tight and aggressive try the bug muff.
    i tried the one my guitarst has and the dist/fuzz sound is great.you could also try the proco rat, too. that one goes in the same direction like the big muff.
    i think both are in the same pricerange the nobels is in.

many people around here like the digitech bad monkey

5. I was going for just a little bit of breakup. Like a tube amp just starting to distort. The pedal seemed very responsive to my playing. The harder i dug in the more it broke up.