Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nobody has tried a Fender TBP-1 preamp?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, Dec 5, 2004.

1. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    PLease i'm eager to get some insight or review on this new preamp. The Bass PLayer review was awesome but I need a real talkbass review.

I dont have any stores around here that sell ti, so that's why I nned your help.

Please le tme know anything.
    Thanks in advance,....

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I don't think that they are available until the spring which might mean no one will really get to see one until NAMM in January.

EDIT: Then again, knowing Fender, that means NAMM in January of 2006. :meh: :spit:

3. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Cupertino, California
    I played with one at the local Long and McQuade here. They have them in stock and can get more. It's a nicely build piece of gear. The sounds didn't suit me, perhaps because I didn't play with it long enough. The overdrive tone was a bit odd, and not what I was expecting. It didn't go into full screaming overdrive. I think it was meant more for giving that old-school tube saturation, and it did that well. It's a nice preamp, just wasn't my thing.

They are out there though...

4. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks guys..

Anybody else??? :D