Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nobody plays guitar drums or sings!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Obsolex, May 3, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Ok, i've put ads in the local paper, made flyers, talked to everyone at my school who plays guitar and drums, put up some ads, taken ads to nearby towns, it's insane. The people that I have played with, are really not "band" material, as in one group I played with smoke and drank every single day (I just turned 16), and that's not my kind of deal... But there is nobody around here to Jam with... What should I do? I know I havn't tried everything, just everything that I can think of... I want a sound with a mix of Tool, Mudvayne, Primus, RageATM... _-soto-_

2. If you're just starting out, I'd try not to be too picky about what music you play.

People won't reply if their tastes aren't the same as yours. If you readvertise - maybe not even mention the type of music - you may get a response but have to compromise. You never know - your tastes might widen and you might broaden someone elses horizons.

Good Luck :)

3. Say that those bands are your influences :)