Nobody talks about Eden any more...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Have Eden rigs fallen out of favour with everyone as of late? It's rare I ever see them mentioned here nowadays... I've just got hold of a nice Eden rig (Highwayman 500 head, 210XLT and 115XL) and think it's amazing... Mine's an older one, but has the quality changed since Eden have been under Washburn's ownership?

Russ :bassist:
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't think it is as much as they have fallen out of favor, but more of it's not the "cool" thing to own anymore. I have an Eden Metro that I have often thought about trading, but am always glad I haven't.

Eventually, Eden will become the "cool" brand again. It cycles.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, there's not much new to report about their products - or did I miss a new amp or cab that came out this year?
  4. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I guess... :meh: Doesn't stop people going on about their new P-Bass in Basses though... :D

Here's a pic...

5. he, XO, cool rig. I totally love Eden stuff, but never had the chance to play a rig (I base my knowledge of Eden on bass players that use Eden and sound very good:)). But it's all quite expensive
  6. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    The rig pictured above (Highwayman head in a 4U rack, 210XLT and 115XL, with interconnects, etc) cost me £1200 (approx. $2200), which is quite reasonable for an Eden rig over here. I'm happy anyway... :D

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Where's Munji?

I really like my WT-550, but don't feel the need to blab about it all the time. It's a nice, comfortable head - no surprises, and very competent. I love the EQ section!
  8. ::winy voice on::
    I want a WT400!
    ::winy voice off::
    sell me one please. For my taste, best sounding amp set flat but with a million more tones available via parametric eq and junk.

9. Not to nitpick (and correct me if I'm wrong), but I think your top cab, XO-Bionic, is a 210T, not a 210XLT. Still, a kick ass rig. I use a WT-800 and 8 ohm 410XLT.
  10. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    A friend of mine has an eden rig. No idea what the head is, but it does have lots of knobs and runs 500 watts, then with 4x10 and a 1x18 I believe but not sure, could be 1x15. He plays a Modulus J-bass through it, and man it sounds incredible. I would say though, that Eden amps seem to be less cool now, so do SWR amps. As long as it sounds good, who cares about the cool factor?
  11. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    It seems the likes of EA, Aguilar and EBS have stolen the "cool" crown for now... and they are all fantastic amps. But I've loved the Eden stuff since the first time I ever tried one, and it's nice to own one finally! :)
  12. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    You're right... I always thought the XLT was the one with the big front ports, but, on checking the plate on the back, alas not! :)
  13. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    I've owned 6 Eden heads and 9 Eden cabs over the years. I switched to Epifani Ultralight cabs which I'm very happy with and then I went to Demeter, Aguilar, EA amps and came back Eden WT550.
  14. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I owned a D-410XLT cab some years back. I now regret selling it. Eden's tone to me, was somewhere between SWR and Ampeg. I have'nt had the chance to try the EA's, Bergs, Epifani's, etc., but the 410XLT is a great cab IMO. Since the Eden take-over, my local stores don't carry their products, which is a shame.

I don't know how Eden's quality is these days- I have'nt read any negative posts- Eden owners: What are your thoughts?

If their "new" cabs have the same great quality and tone, I'd buy one.
  15. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Isn't that what fallen out of "Favor" IS...??
  16. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I think the sale to ......I've forgotten their name - Washburn's parent company...... has affected Eden's popularity. The customer service disappeared for a while there, and stock seemed a bit hard to come by. In the meantime people started discovering other things. But Edn will always be there. The stuff is too good!
  17. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i dig my eden rig's all stuff from different time periods, but no post washburn stuff (god, i hate saying that) with the exception of some new grilles and badges...again, i love gets compliments everywhere i play :D the thumb sounds huge through it
  18. lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    I would love to own two Edens 210XLT or 2x10 + 1x15.
    Effective cabs are what I need. :)
  19. modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    So Washburn bought Eden?

Thats' why the local music stores don't carry them anymore. I was wondering why they disappeared.
  20. Mind you that Eden's WT550 (a step up from the wt400 in power and preamp, if thats possible) came out after Washburn bought Eden, so quality/inventiveness have (maybe)not gone down since the buyout. That says nothing about customer service and stock though...