Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

nobody weird like my by the red hot chili peppers

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by funkymonkey, Jun 22, 2003.

1. funkymonkey

funkymonkey

Mar 21, 2002
    hi!
    theres a weird bass riff in nobody weird like me (red hot chili peppers) at about 2:20. i know what he plays but i dont know how. does flea slap that part or does he use fingerpicking? i dont know exactly, it sounds like slapping a bit but not like he slaps the other parts of the song, perhaps he slaps smoothly or does he use his fingers? anyone knows?

2. TeenBassPlayer

TeenBassPlayer

Jun 19, 2003
    I saw a video on the internet of flea playing his bass.... Unfortuanetly, his hand was moving so fast that my media player couldn't catch it in detail. But, what I can tell you is that he was slapping with god like precision with ALL of his fingers and his hand was moving up and down the neck of the bass at the speed of light. Conclusion: Flea is a very good bass player (more of an understatement then a conclusion).

3. funkymonkey

funkymonkey

Mar 21, 2002
    hehe thx now i can start practicing ;) slapping u said? ok! and ur sure he slapped during this solo part? ok! hmm much work left ;)