1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NOC3 Pure Drive-AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass4u, May 28, 2012.

1. bass4u

bass4u Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2007
    maryland,usa
    Thanks to TB'er 'twhitedc' I now own this amazing pedal. I have been trying/searching for an OD pedal for so long that would get the sound I'm looking for. I have tried TOO many to mention and they all seem to either have been too "fizzy" sounding when the gain is up, could not produce a true low drive or lose any low end response. I've been trying to find a pedal that would give me a low drive breakup. This one is it.

The pedal is handmade by NOC3 Effects, called the "Pure Drive".The pedal has an enormous palette of sounds available. It has 3 levels of "clipping" which is controlled by a toggle switch on the top which gives very different ranges of OD.

Typical Volume, Gain, Bass, Treble controls and one of the BEST controls on the pedal is a Blend control. That's what makes this pedal for me. Also there are two internal trim pots to adjust the low and high end portion of the overdrive circuit. Sweeeet!

I consider this pedal a true Overdrive. It does a really good low drive, tube saturation sound. Even with the gain pushed you don't get the "fizzy" artifacts other pedals seem to have. Also thankfully it doesn't really get heavy distortion/fuzz. (I Already have pedals for that)

My always on pedal (VT Bass) I now have turned off and use the Pure Drive instead.

thanks so much to twhitedc for hooking me up:)

2. neadams

neadams

Nov 26, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    i've looked all over the internet for a used one of these for sale....no luck

seems like no one sells them, i would love to find a bass demo with one, or find a used one to pickup and check out

you don't have a sound sample of one do you?...lol

seems like it would be a pretty legit pedal for bass, seeing as it has a clean knob and an eq section