1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Noel Redding Bass Instruction

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by DEFUNKTED, May 7, 2006.

1. DEFUNKTED

DEFUNKTED

May 4, 2006
    Dope City
    Has anybody seen this bass instruction book by Noel Redding?

Is it good?

2. thumbzilla

thumbzilla

Apr 28, 2006
    Mentor, Ohio
    I just Googled "Noel Redding" and then "instruction book" within that search.

Seems like he never wrote one. Lots of CDs and sheet music books. Google is a wonderful thing...you should try it.

3. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Ya, Redding played guitar mainly, so I don't really understand why he would right a bass book.

4. DEFUNKTED

DEFUNKTED

May 4, 2006
    Dope City
  5. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    I would like to hear this revolutionary stuff. I wouldn't bother with this.

6. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    The revolutionizing of bass was a really funny thing to put in there. For one Hendrix wrote all the bass parts and two Noel didnt even like playing bass when he was in Hendrix's band. It was always noted that he was jealous of Hendrix's guitar playing .

7. steveb98

steveb98 [acct disabled - multiple aliases]

Mar 15, 2006
    Venice, CA
    I would pass there was nothing revolutionary about Redding's playing and I grew up listening to Hendrix and saw him in concert. Redding was a guitar player coerced into playing bass and went back to guitar after Hendrix. You had Hendrix coming up with lines and they were produced by a bass player Chas Chandler.