Noel Redding bass...what you think of it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Today I was in Murphy's Music for my lesson and I came across a vintage looking Fender Jazz with the ashtrays...and since they trust me, I decided to try it out...looked at the headstock and it said MIJ, Noel Redding Model...I never knew there was one or even gonna be one... is such a beauty and I had trouble putting it down, it played so damned nice..I ignored the ashtrays and just played to hear and feel it....damn... GAS has again!
  2. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I believe its limited edition. Out of 1000 or something like that
  3. It was a limited run in the early or mid 90s, and they are excellent. Grab it!
  4. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    ...if I remember correctly, they were also all autographed by Noel (on the headstock or pickguard or something). MIJ Fenders are considered to be one of the best deals Fender has ever offered (since a brand new Jazz cost about $175 back in 1962!:D )
  5. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I have one - they are a very high quality RI. I think they are based on a 64 jazz, and have features like reversed tuners. Noel signed the pickguard of each in a silver marker, but sadly the signature has worn off of most of them. I was lucky enough to find one with his signature intact (and that pickguard is put away for safe keeping).

Noel Redding RI jazz bass pics