Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NOFX on Conan O'brien

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yossarian, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    I'm excited. I'm sure no one but me likes them, but I'm intrigued since they don't do interviews really or have music videos and radio play or anything. Yeah, so... uh... fun!

Oh yeah, it's on now!

2. !!!!!

It doesnt come on here for another 30 minutes. Bah, I'll just watch the rerun on comedy central.

wonder what song they'll do?

3. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    Probably a Bush-related one.

4. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Hahahaha can't wait!

5. Isn't that kind of vague? :D :D

6. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    They played Franco-Unamerican, and Conan seemed pretty pissed when he went to thank them. :/

Weird I always thought Conan was a nice guy. :/

7. With lyrics as extreme left as that, I'm sure alot of people would. It's an alright song otherwise, I guess.

If they really needed to play a political song, they should of at least done "Idiot Son Of An *******" :D

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Didn't Conan say they're appearing at the Republican National Convention? :confused:

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Not a bad show. Really juicing up the 80's gimmick on the keys...

10. I smell riot. :meh:

11. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Then why did Conan invite them onto his show? I doubt they would have been able to say ******* on Conan's show. Also, their entire album is political. The only reason they are accepting invitations to play in the mainstream now is because of politics.

What was up with the keyboard guy though? I've never seen him before, he was kinda weird :/

12. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    HAHAHAHA, you took that seriously? Come on! That was a great Conan improv joke!

13. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Yes, what a fool I have been. Now I must commit ritualistic suicide as an example to others. :rollno:

14. You never know, RATM showed up at the DNC 4 years ago...

15. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    But not the RNC...

Did they do a show there?

16. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Yeah they did play a show. There was a riot afterwards, MTV broadcasted both. The Rage show was incredible, a lot of anger.

Anyways, I though the NOFX spot was pretty good. Fat Mike seemed like he was about to start laughing during the "He likes c*ck but is against homosexuals" line. I liked it.

17. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    conan hates it when anyone curses on the show, but hey, he asked for it, when the kids in the hall show up. :smug:

18. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Wow, I'm so proud of NOFX. They used to act like they were merely in it for the music, and TV and Radio could "shove it", in the words of Heinz Kerry.

But whaddya know now, these chubby old wanna be punk louts are going above and beyond to "speak out" against Bush, including playing on Conan's show........I also saw Melvin on Fuse's IMX.....

Wow, what staunch hearty individuals. I'm sure they influenced many green haired adolescents to buy their latest CD, as well as surprising said adolescent's parents with sudden derogatory comments about Bush, whom they didn't even know was president until NOFX told them so.

"weak sauce man"

19. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Bush has inspired a lot of people. I used to think that both Al Gore and Bush would do the same thing no matter which was president. He's definitely inspired a lot of bands too.

20. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I've never been a fan of NOFX, but I'm gonna check it out when it reruns on Comedy Central.

Not to get political, but it seems like its been a teen trend lately (or maybe they did it in the ol' days too?) to hate the country and preach "anarchy." At my school especially, though its a conservative town, many of the kids are going around preaching against Bush and saying how much they hate the United States in general, and some kid even set fire to the American flag on campus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.