1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Noise Emanating

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by addy, Jun 4, 2004.

1. addy

addy

May 18, 2004
    I would appreciate anybody's opinion on the following predicament I have been experiencing:

When my instrument cord is plugged into my bass (passive p/j split), and I bend it slightly near the plug, I encounter a noise through my amplifier.

I have two cords, one being a store purchased cord with Neutrik ends (the cord was old, but the connectors are well in appearance) which made this noise. I visited a local hi-fi store and purchased some decent bulk cable and resoldered the old Neutrik connectors to a 15' run. There now is less noise, but when the cord is bent slightly near the plug, noise is still produced through the amplifier.

I am not sure whether I should purchase a new set of Neutrik connectors (is something within the plug itself causing signal interference/degradation?) or could it be a poor solder joint on the jack within the bass...

any help would be much appreciated.