noise/experimental bassist club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Thorsoundcore, Sep 4, 2010.

1. CageTheCody

CageTheCody

Sep 18, 2011
    I've always been a fan of the sounds people will claim are "awkward" or "uncomfortable" simply because its a path that people avoid for exactly that reason, disregarding the possibility of diving in head first and embracing it for the sake of understanding through experience.
    Any and all feelings we get through music, or anything for that matter, are always worth experiencing. "Good" or "bad" you will find great value and potential knowledge inside anything.

This is why I love bands like The Residents, The Mars Volta, and NIN to name a few. They all incorporate "noise" and an obvious passion for the power of some deep rooted sensations we tend to hide from.

Just my 2 cents, and if I weren't for the "strange" in music I would be worried we weren't branching out anymore as musicians, but instead chasing the almost-art of imitation. I want to hear every new word in the musical language, so start making them up, because they all started with experimentation.

2. billgoodwin

billgoodwin

Mar 28, 2011
    Roanoke,VA
    breathing some life into this thread.....figured it would be one...glad it tis.

love me some noise / progressive / weird