1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Noise from Pedal Chain - Is it an Issue?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Basslice, Nov 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Basslice

Basslice Supporting Member

May 11, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    The why do you use a pedal thread is red-hot. I have a few pedals, but rarely use them. One reason is noise. Granted the newest pedal I own is from the early 90's.

Do you all notice added signal noise using your pedals?

2. I do not have noise in my board unless running multiple dirt pedals, but that is why i run effects in a loop. Some of my basses do introduce noise into the chain so I have started to use a noise gate with those basses±. My long time solution stopped working and I needed something cheap and fast so I tried a Mimidi Noise pedal from Amazon for under 20 bucks and it is doing the trick nicely and has a decent buffer to boot it seems.

± Gibson EB14 5 STRING, Squire VMFJ

Basslice likes this.
  3. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    My favorite chorus pedal adds a little high noise when it is engaged and more so in certain positions. But when it is bypassed (which is nearly all the time) it is true bypass quiet. I love the pedal (Julia) so I put up with it. It's not so bad that it would even bother me in a live situation but if I used it in recording I would gate it. I don't notice any of my other pedals hissing.

Basslice likes this.
  4. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I don’t notice any noise in my signal chain

Basslice likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021