Noise on A-string, Bartolini on Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by chris_p, May 21, 2007.

1. chris_p

chris_p

May 21, 2007
    Hi Guys, i have a problem with my jazz bass. There are two bartolini pickups and 3 Potis, two normal and one switchable (push-pull). First when i switch up (pull) nothing sounds...silence. And in the push position the A-string is noisy, only the A-string the others sounds fantastic (like a fender jazz bass must do ;-)). Please, can someone help me? how can i discover whats broken?
    many thanx, bye
    Chris

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

see FAQ Dimento's Trouble Shooting Guide. Apparently the push/pull is either not wired for it or it's wired incorrectly. Unlikely there's something wrong with the pups on the A, probably string related vibration and the pups just reading the vibration. If you get the buzz from both pups, probably a setup issue. If only one reverse the pup, if you get the same results, you know it's not the pup. Do a search in setup for related fixes.

You didn't say if you'd worked on the bass, bought it that way or what? The end result's the same but it's a different situation if you did it.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021