1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Noise problem with Line 6 Echo park

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dhines, Sep 28, 2009.

1. dhines

dhines

Apr 22, 2008
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I couldn't find any info about this by doing a search so here goes.

I bought an Echo Park delay and it seems that no matter where I put it in my signal chain I get noise. A pulsing noise that is in sync with whatever the delay is set at. Has anyone else had this problem with this pedal? Is there a remedy (that doesn't involve getting a different delay)?

Thanks in advance.

2. Dumb question... but, are you using an active bass? I know my active basses can get noisy with my effects.

Are you using any noise reduction? (i.e.- boss Noise Supressor or EHX Humdebugger)

I had a Line6 DL-4. It killed volume and tone, but it never made noise.

3. ase_one23

ase_one23

Oct 23, 2008
    Glasgow
    i had a noise issue with mine at 1st, managed to solve it by giving it it's own power supply instead of thro the daisy chain.

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Yeah it's really susceptible to this - it needs an isolated power supply.

But then so do a lot of digital delays.

5. dhines

dhines

Apr 22, 2008
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Well that fixed it. Using the original power supply made it quiet as can be! Only a slight disappointment as I wanted to power everything with the one-spot, but what the hell. Only a little less tidy. Thanks guys!

p.s.-- Din of Win, it didn't matter whether I used passive or active for some reason. I used fretless and fretted Music Man Bongo 5 strings, a mid-70's P-bass, an old 5 string fretless Carvin, and a Taylor AB2. I play them through a Phil Jones amp. I don't use any noise reduction. Usually things are very quiet, even with the other effects I use.

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    You could always consider a GigRig Virtual Battery if you really, really don't want to have a second wall wart involved.

7. dhines

dhines

Apr 22, 2008
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Hm. I'd never heard of those before. Thanks man!