noise suppressor

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Emperor !!!, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Emperor !!!

Emperor !!!

Mar 17, 2005
    I have a Fender/Squier MB bass guitar, I know everybody trashes this brand, but let's keep aside of that, please.

When I turn the tone nob towards the treble it gets nosy, I'd like to know if a noise suppressor like the boss ns-2 would be helpful?
    Also, does anyone know how to improve the electronics on this bass guitar?

Finally, what do you think of the Behringer BX3000T head, does anyone here recommend it?
  2. After reading up on Behringer I would never again buy their product due to, copyright infringement, cheap quality, their stuff is just cheap.... All I can say..
    What I can suggest is trying a better, more well respected brand... :bassist:
  3. danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I don't know what the MB is, but if it has a P-J pickup arrangement, then the first thing I'd do is have the J pickup replaced with a humbucking J pickup, and the bass probably needs shielding/grounding in the cavities as well. That would probably do the job for about the same price as a noise supressor, which will only dull the noise when you aren't playing the instrument anyway. As for the Behringer, I think I'd get something different, because I just can't see those amps as being reliable in any way.
  4. Emperor !!!

Emperor !!!

Mar 17, 2005