1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD noisevayne's big trading post! Warwick, Nordstrand, MusicMan, vintage Fender

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Warpeg, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Many of you have hounded me for these basses. Some of them I swore I would never get rid of. The others just aren't getting too much play these days. In any event, I want some new toys! :bassist:

2002 Warwick Thumb 5 BO Broadneck (Wideneck):
    I got this one a few months ago. If you're a seasoned 4-string player and have not had the easiest time adapting to 5-strings, then try this one out! It's just like a regular Thumb BO but with two differences: 20mm spacing, which feels more similar to a 4-string than a regular 5-string; and MEC soapbar pickups, instead of the regular jazz-style. Active/passive 2-band MEC preamp. Ovangkol body. Ovangkol neck. Wenge fingerboard. 35" scale. Bell brass frets. Just-a-nut II (and I am including a backup JANII as well). Schaller strap locks. Warwick Rockbag included. This bass is as close to perfect as you can get. If there is a scratch, dent, or ding on it, then I can't find it. It is setup perfectly: nice, low string action and no fret buzz. It is currently wearing a good set of Elixir Nanowebs.

000_0316.jpg
    000_0315.jpg
    000_0318.jpg
    000_0319.jpg
    000_0321.jpg

The very first Nordstrand SC4 (as seen on the Nordstrand Gallery Page): S O L D
    My instincts tell me that I'll regret getting rid of this one. But, hey, I need a good fretless! The funny thing is that this bass started out fretless. One of the previous owners took it to a master luthier and had frets installed. You would swear that the frets are factory-installed! Here's the lowdown on this one-of-a-kind beauty: Single cutaway. 34" scale. Spalted horse chestnut top, back, and headstock. Alder core. 3-piece maple neck-thru neck. Rare pink ivory fingerboard and pickup covers. Factory Nordstrand pickups (though I don't remember which models). Aguilar OBP-3 active/passive preamp (Master volume, Bass, Mid, Treble, Pickup Blend, Passive Tone Control, a/p swith, mute switch, 9volt). Mycarta nut. No issues with the electronics. Includes an Access Deluxe black tolex hard case that fits the bass perfectly and snug! Like the Warwick, it is setup to perfection and has NO issues. It is currently wearing a set of Elixir Nanowebs.

000_0324.jpg
    000_0328.jpg
    000_0325.jpg
    000_0323.jpg
    000_0326.gif

MusicMan Blue Dawn Sterling:
    Here's my beloved Sterling Blue Dawn. I recently had this one listed in the forum, took it out, and now am putting it back in the forum. This is not the 2007 LE reissue, but the original real deal! These are not easy to come by. The demand has gotten so great for this finish, that EBMM has made this finish their limited edition for this year. If you were to buy the reissue it would set you back about $1800.00! It plays great, sounds great, and has NO issues! The Blue Dawn finish on this Sterling is amazing! The sparkle is so deep that it creates the illusion of being able to look down into the finish for miles; it's kinda' like looking into outer space. :) I do not know the exact year of the bass, but I'm sure it was made sometime between 2000 and 2002. It's in 9.9 out of 10 condition. There are one or two superficial swirls/light scratches, but that's it! Original hard case included, which is in perfect shape. It is currently strung with a brand new set of Elixir Nanowebs. This bass is also available for sale for $875 firm.

000_0233.jpg

000_0229.jpg

000_0231.jpg

1971-72 Fender Jazz Bass:
    It would take a very special trade offer to get this baby. It is in VERY good condition for its age. It has a very small chip on the edge. Other than maybe some light swirling or checking, it's almost perfect! Everything is 100% original, including the hard case. The neck is straight, plays perfectly, and sounds like a vintage Fender should! It's punchy but warm, comfortable and fast. It has only been played approx. 2-3 hours in its entire life!!! That's 35-36 years!

000_0060.jpg
    000_0061.jpg
    000_0065.jpg
    000_0064.jpg

TRADES:
    These four basses are ONLY available for trade. I am not currently entertaining ANY sale offers. Please do not PM me with the intention of asking me for a price for any of these. If these basses stick around long enough, maybe I will sell instead of trade--but that's unlikely.

What I'm looking for:
    I really only like American- and European-made 4-string basses. I am not looking for any more Fenders.
    1. Lined fretless basses
    2. Spectors
    3. Warwicks
    4. MusicMans
    5. Rickenbackers
    6. G&L L-2000's
    7. Ampeg amps rated at 450watts or higher
    8. Run other 4-string American or European basses by me...who knows.

--What I'd really like is a Wal, Ritter, CT Bass, F Bass, or Warwick Infinity NT/LTD. These are really the only types of basses that I would consider for the Jazz Bass.

Sorry this thread is so long. It's easier for me to keep track of my items if they are all in the same thread. :)

2. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    PM sent

3. xparis001

xparis001 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Senior Product Manager, Akai Professional
    got a cash price estimate on the jazz?

4. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    The Jazz Bass is not for sale. It is only offered for trade. I have been offered $3000 for it in the past; prospective trades would have to be in that price range (used value).

5. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    BTW (and I hope I can get away with saying this), there's a lined fretless Warwick Corvette Standard 4-string on the 'bay right now. If someone were to buy it and trade it to me, then I would give up my Sterling for it in a heart beat. :smug:

6. PM sent with trade offer...

Peace,

7. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    PM's replied to.

8. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    bump

9. Matt Power

Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    PM sent!

10. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I just looked at the serial number on the Jazz. It's 3069XX. Maybe someone can help figure out what year it is? :)

Also:
    1. Nordstrand is now S*O*L*D.
    2. I will now offer the Sterling for sale for $1000 firm. It is also still available for trade. The other two basses are still only available for trade, however.

11. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    bump

12. jamontap

jamontap Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    Tha Nordies all mine! AHHHHHH YES.

13. Skankin

Skankin

Dec 5, 2006
    Dallas Georgia
    on the ampegs, interested in heads or cabs? Ive got a B4-R head rated at 1350 watts, and a SVT 410 rated at 500RMS 1000 programable.

14. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    At this point I am only looking for an SVT Classic and/or a 410 Pro cab (as far as the Ampeg trades go).

15. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Price drop to $875 for the Blue Dawn Sterling!!! Like the Warwick and Jazz, the Sterling still also available for trade.

16. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Any interest in my 93 Thumb for the Thumb BO?

17. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Danny, what's up! Did you see that I just sold the Nordstrand that you sold me? That was a wonderful bass and I want to thank you again for setting me up with that.

Hmm...your offer is very compelling. Let me think on it for a day.

18. Youve got a PM(sterling)

19. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

No Problem dude :smug:
    By the way. I should have mentioned that I need a little cash for the Thumb NT.
    Danny.

20. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    interested in a Warwick LX six string fretless? blonde natural finish with no fretline? infact i want that nordstrand badly, and i sweared i have to turn that back to fretless someday (see my previous post) too bad it was sold. i am interested in some jazz bass. so the LX is a good one but i dont need two fretless after i have my wilser fretless, lets talk man

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.