Noisy DI on iAmp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ole Jason, Apr 22, 2004.

1. I just got my iAmp350 today. The cab won't be arriving until tomorrow sometime. I ran a cord from the DI out to the mic in on my soundcard. I had to turn the DI level all the way to 10 to even hear it and it was VERY noisy. I know it's not all the soundcard's fault cause I have no problems running my v-amp the same way. Could the cord be at fault? It came off a microphone and isn't noisy when I use the microphone straight into the soundcard.

Also, I'm not getting any sound when I run a cord from the 'phones' jack into the mic in. Do I need to use speaker cable for this? I get sound when I use the tuner out. :meh: ugh.
  2. tomg

Mar 15, 2004

Where is your input level set? You shouldn't need to crank the DI level, especially into a mic level input. On my iamp 350, I run the input gain pretty high, and the DI barely cracked. This gives me plenty of level with no noticeable noise. If I back the input down to 1 or 2, I have to raise the DI level, and can hear hiss increase as I do, but this seems pretty normal.

I'm not sure about the phones out issue, but that's just a workaround anyway, right?

3. Thanks that seemed to help. I also think my pickups are a little too 'cold' for the level I had my speakers set to as well. I plugged one of my guitars into it, which has really hot pickups, and it was plenty loud with just barely touching the DI level.