1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Noisy USA Fender pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Jun 2, 2007.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I just picked up a USA Jazz 5'er off Craigslist. Great price. I like lots of bridge pup, not so much neck pup. With the bridge pup full on and no neck pup there is a horrible buzz which only goes away when the neck pup is turned up to nearly full on. It's less so with the bridge pup backed off, but then it's not got the tone I want.

Is there a way to reduce or eliminate the pup buzz? Thanks.

2. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    Replace the stock pickups with hum-cancelling pickups.

3. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    You mean like Dimarzio's or Fralins?

4. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
  5. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    They might. The "noiseless" title they have is more of a brand name than a description, but I have owned 2 Fender American Deluxe jazz basses with those pickups in it. They were both pretty quiet.

6. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Ozarks
    The Fender jazz Noiseless pickups are in fact a humbucking pickup.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021