1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Noisy WT-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Jul 24, 2005.

1. I absolutely love this amp, great tone for days, but at higher volume, this things so damn noisy! Now this may be because the amp is about 6 years old, but I'm no amp guru. So my question is..

What do I need to do to eradicate the excess noise?

I thought if I threw in a new tube and got a pro to clean in out or something that it might make a difference, or is this problem inherant with all Eden amps?

I don't want to have to sell this amp :crying:

2. USAJO

USAJO

Apr 13, 2005
    For what it's worth, I thought something was wrong with my WT-400. After about 3 years of quiet operation suddenly in my house the thing started being noisey. Turns out it was related to the electrical in my house. I think too many things were running through the circuit? Anyhow it only did it at home. And it has not done it since. Hope what's happening with yours is a similar event. I love the tone of the WT-400.

3. Well we're moving soon, so I'll see what happens then. For what it's worth I'd still like to get it inspected and cleaned out, it is 6 years old!

4. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    I get slight hiss when turning up my 550 but it's not annoying (or even audible) in a band situation. I discovered it noodling around in rehearsal by myself. Could very well be the electrical circuit. Ours is not that great either.

5. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    I had the Eden WT 1000 previously. I paired it with the navigator pre amp. I purchased both new. After inquiring I found out that this was a charachteristic of this amp. It hissed all the time regardless of where it was used. At higher volumes it was very annoying. I sold it because of the hiss.

deichman

www.endofstory.com