Noisy WT-400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Jul 24, 2005.

1. I absolutely love this amp, great tone for days, but at higher volume, this things so damn noisy! Now this may be because the amp is about 6 years old, but I'm no amp guru. So my question is..

What do I need to do to eradicate the excess noise?

I thought if I threw in a new tube and got a pro to clean in out or something that it might make a difference, or is this problem inherant with all Eden amps?

I don't want to have to sell this amp :crying:
  2. USAJO

Apr 13, 2005
    For what it's worth, I thought something was wrong with my WT-400. After about 3 years of quiet operation suddenly in my house the thing started being noisey. Turns out it was related to the electrical in my house. I think too many things were running through the circuit? Anyhow it only did it at home. And it has not done it since. Hope what's happening with yours is a similar event. I love the tone of the WT-400.
  3. Well we're moving soon, so I'll see what happens then. For what it's worth I'd still like to get it inspected and cleaned out, it is 6 years old!
  4. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    I get slight hiss when turning up my 550 but it's not annoying (or even audible) in a band situation. I discovered it noodling around in rehearsal by myself. Could very well be the electrical circuit. Ours is not that great either.
  5. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    I had the Eden WT 1000 previously. I paired it with the navigator pre amp. I purchased both new. After inquiring I found out that this was a charachteristic of this amp. It hissed all the time regardless of where it was used. At higher volumes it was very annoying. I sold it because of the hiss.