1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Noll electronics.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Nov 8, 2018.

1. I have just installed a Noll (Germany) TCM3 preamp with 3 band eq and active/passive pull switch in my Bacchus 5 string. It came prewired with quality solid-shaft pots and I gotta say "it's very cool". I previously had an Aguilar OBP3 in my Yamaha, which wasn't bad, but a bit overpowering really. The Noll is more subtle, where the Aguilar was smack you in the face. With eq points at 40hz, 400hz and 4khz, it compliments my Bacchus very nicely. Just posting this in case anyone is thinking about preamps and is unsure about the Noll. If you want a blaster, go Bartolini or Aguilar, if you want refined you will not be sorry going with a Noll. I got mine from BestBassGear, and I recommend them.

Dr. Love, BassBuzzRS and Isotonic like this.
  2. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Love Noll. A while back i had a 3 band w 3 sweepable knobs for bass, treb, amd mids...it was super cool. I was able to crank the boost on the mids and then sweep the freq while playing like a volume knob swell for an onboard wah wah sound.