Nomad Zen Xtra users! JANE! Shut off this crazy thing!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Aug 12, 2005.

1. All right. Here's the deal. I can get my Zen player to load up songs, but when I go to shut it off, I get the little music transfer sign, and I can't turn it back on to the normal menu unless I hit the restart button. Since I'm on linux I can only read the quick start menu, which obviously doesn't f'ing tell you how to properly shut it off. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
  2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    The only quirk I noticed with mine was that it'll sometimes freak out if you diconnect it from your computer while the music transfer software is still running. I always close the program before I disconnect my Zen Xtra. Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you... mine always shuts off when I tell it to.

On second thought, after a few minutes of being idle (and disconnected), it'll turn itself off, so your best bet may be to just let it knock itself out. Good luck amigo.
  3. The thing is when I shut it off, it's not connected to the computer at all. I have to use the reset button to turn it back on again. I think I don't hold the button down though.
  4. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Always try a disc cleanup first...