Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Non-Bass Guitar Forums?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by redmang, Apr 25, 2004.

1. redmang

redmang

Apr 21, 2004
    I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules or anything :bag:

I've just recently become interested in guitars. TalkBass has been a HUGE help in providing me all sorts of information about bass guitars. I'd also like to know about regular electric guitars, though, and I was wondering if there are other forums as big and informative as TalkBass? Or other helpful web resources in general for electric guitars?

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Have you tried a Google search for any?? Might be worth a try..

3. Try doing a search in the Misc. and Off Topic forum about it, there have been TONS of threads on the subject and I'm sure some will give you some links to check out! Good luck searching, guitar is fun!

Peace,
    Tyler

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  5. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    ^wow not many members...nor posts. I'd stay away from musiciansforums and ultimate-guitar forums. There are alot of beginners there that may give you false information. Though both sites have a decent lessons section.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ya but i think its easy to tell noob from someone who knows...

A) noob will have 30posts... someone who knows 10k
    B) noobs post will be in offtopic... some one who knows will post in others
    C) noob will says "all you do in bass is follow the drums"... someone who knows will acctually explain why, what, how, who, where...

I think its easy to tell noob from non noob besicly because noob will just state a statement and someone who knows will explain why or why not...

7. Wrong...

A knowledgable person can have 30posts because they don't post regularly.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I was kind of being sarcastic:p

But how can it be wrong.... you just said i was wrong... and i have low amount of posts:] i am a noob... HA i win... by time i get good and have knowage i ma have 1000posts...

Ok ok I am not saying that person with low post count is always a noob... but he is most likely a noob... really... it makes sense:p

here is my logic... say forum is old... person begines to play bass or guitar... he gets there for knowlage... by time he gets good and knows what he is talking about he gets 1000 posts:]

I think its not always but it does make sense

What about the others? are they right? :p

I think one that makes sense is C and after rest are kind of bs

10. girlybassplaya

girlybassplaya Guest

Mar 24, 2004
    USA BABY!
    i only play bass, but my sister said shes used the forums on mxtabs.net. she said that there is lots of beginner information, too if you need it.

11. Actually now that I look back on it, it's nuetral ;) A noob can have 30posts and so can a knowledgable person who doesn't post so much.

12. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.