Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Non-Bass Items For Sale Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by MJ5150, Jan 10, 2004.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I came up with what I think is a decent idea. I PMed it to a mod, who suggested I open a thread on it here.

How about a For Sale forum for non-bass related items? In order to keep it from being full of spammers, and trash make it so only "supporting members" can post ads in it. I realize TB doesn't want to turn into a virtual garage sale, but I think people here at TB have other things to sell besides bass gear. I also realize this is a bass site, and at first it would seem inappropriate to sell anything besides bass gear.

This is a pretty tight community, and I have bought and sold several things here myself. When shopping for non-bass related items, it would be cool to have the chance to deal with one of my TB "family" for buying other things.

Just a thought.

-Mike

2. I think it's a good idea, especially Supporting Members only get to post ads. I got some stuff around here non-bass related that I wouldn't mind getting rid of, and if someone wants to only sell stuff non-bass related and they get a supporting membership because of it, more money to paul to keep the site goin!

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'm for it. That reminds me, I need to renew my supporting membership!

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    But isn't this "Talkbass"?

I suggest we leave that to Ebay.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    for some reason, I trust talkbassers a bit more than ebayers. I mean, look how many fraudulent ebay things we get threads for here, and then look at how many fraudulent talkbass sale complaints we see.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

True, but I still don't even go to the buy/sell area out of fear of being ripped off due to a very low security area. Anyone could jump on the boards and rip you off a lot easier. Unless I've know the person as a trustworthy memeber of talkbass for a while...

wait a second... I've got an idea... I'm going to go post it now as to not derail this thread! :hyper:

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, hence the making it only accessible to supporting members. No one is going to spend 20 buck for a chance at maybe selling some stuff to a bunch of bass players.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    i realize they have eBay, and all kinds of other sites for selling anything....i realize this site is about bass guitars......i realize the risk of getting ripped off exists in any on-line transaction.....i just thought it was a good idea since alot of us "know" each other from past dealings......as was brought out, no scammer is gonna come here, and pay $20 to try and rip people off.....when only supporting members advertise, it provides a measure of security since it is coming from someone most likely already "known" in the forums....

i buy other things besides bass gear, and i usually go to eBay for it....i would much rather support the TB "family", and buy stuff from people i already kind of now....the money will get spent somewhere right? why not here, amongst "friends..

i need to get a supporting membership! DOH!

-Mike