Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Non-Biased EMG Post!!! TW?!?!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rojo412, Dec 26, 2002.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I am in need of info here. I just found someone selling an EMG TW Pickup, apparently a split-coil version of the CS. What? When? Where? Why doesn't EMG have this on their site? AM I LOOKING AT THE WRONG SITE?!?!? What is this pickup and where can I get one if I lose the auction?

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    EMG is usually pretty bad about keeping their website updated. Call or email them - they're pretty easy to work with.

3. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Here are the TW pickups in a bass I just built. They sound good. There are seperate outputs for the dual and single coil pickups (its actually two pickups in one package) and it might be benificial to pad down the dual coil pickups output because it is way, way hotter than the single coil output.

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Do you have it set up on the switches or the push pull pot? Is there a way to do such a "pad"?

BTW, That's a KILLER bass!

5. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks. I have them on DPDT switches. The pickups come with push/pull pots but I didn't use them (blend/volume instead). You could run the humbucker outputs through trim pots before the switch to even out the volumes.