1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Non-export Fender Japan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by two fingers, Apr 11, 2009.

1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    So I didn't want to highjack the Fender Japan Custom Shop thread. Somebody made mention of Non-expert Fender Japan basses refering to a Jag. Are there other colors of Jag basses out there that are not available to the US? I have been toying with the idea of a JAG for some time now and I think it would be bad for me if I found out there were more colors. Just curious. Thanks!

2. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    yea bro. I was the one that mentioned it. Some dude got a CAR jag from japan. Sweet. The only issue is that fender does not allow new Japanese fenders leave the country. They must be bought used.

3. Freelancer

Freelancer

Apr 6, 2009
    Tucson, AZ.
    I haven't heard of that one before. Does that mean us American's visiting Japan can't purchase a Fender in a Japanese music shop and take it home with us? Seems kind of a weird company export policy. Although this is coming from the company where the American standard series costs more than half of their signature series. Would like to know more info about this if you don't mind educating someone lacking in current knowledge regarding Fender and other companies limiting export of their foreign made stock.

Thanks and rock on! :bassist:
    -Chris

4. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan

You can always purchase a brand new or used basses here and bring it back in the USA. The "policy" is that Japanese sellers can't ship it to the USA through customer order, but I doubt some sellers still ship it to the US;)

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Any pics?

6. For a while you could only get white/tort and sunburst Jags in Japan. I think they've changed that now.

7. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    So are there any colors available in Japan that the rest of the world can't get? Not just Jags but ANY Fender bass?

8. Yes, many (at least on standard models). And there are also loads of Fender Japan models that are available on the domestic market only. This is nothing new, though..

9. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    So in sticking to my original topic, does anyone have a pic of a color of Jag bass that is not available to US markets currently? I searched and couldn't find any.

10. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Let me see, while I was there I saw some crazy cool jags and they're on my camera somewhere...

11. Don't think there are any in regular production, since both Olympic White and three tone sunburst Jaguars are sold internationally nowadays.