1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

non-fender replacement necks. Is there a source?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by B-Mac, Jul 11, 2020.

1. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

I can find Fender style shaped replacement bass necks till the cows come home, but I can't seem to find any other style. I'm looking for a no name replacement bass neck in a sort of Ibanez Sound Gear style. All I can seem to find are P and J style no name bass necks.

If you know of a source I'd appreciate knowing about it. I just want to dress up one of my Glarry basses that is an Ibanez style with a neck that has a maple Fret Board.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    CatchaCuda likes this.
  2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Ibanez makes basses with at least 6 different heel sizes, depending on the number of strings, number of frets, etc. There isn't one "ibanez style".

3. brushfirewolf

brushfirewolf

Nov 12, 2016
    Maryland
    Short answer: no

Long answer: also no

Bob_Ross likes this.
  4. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

E706BE65-4779-45E5-9545-C5148C2348FC.png DEE17A1F-A689-4E96-8974-327BC3A8E586.png
    But you’re assuming I want it for an Ibanez.

The thing is there are all kinds of J and P ‘style’ necks being made that will fit cheap basses like Glarry’s P & J ‘style’ basses, but nobody seems to be making similar replacement necks for Glarry’s Ibanez ‘style’ basses.
    Looking for these but different with Maple FB, binding, etc.

4” strings, 24 frets, 34” scale
    2+2

5. Arie X

Arie X

Oct 19, 2015
    assuming scale length and fret count are correct, you'll need more measurements taken at the neck heel and body pocket for a better search result.

B-Mac likes this.
  6. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Wrong. I was assuming you thought there was an Ibanez standard heel size since you said "Ibanez style" and were comparing it to the Fender standard heel size.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021