1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Non-latching Mute Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Deunoro Jomo, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Deunoro Jomo

Deunoro Jomo

Mar 23, 2007
    I have been looking for a non-latching mute pedal. However, I guess what I'm looking for is a pedal that is muted UNTIL the switch is pressed. Specifically, I am trying to hook my bypass out of my TU-2 to my Line 6 DL-4, while the rest of my effects run through the main tuner out. The idea is that, when I step on the switch, I can connect the signal between input and output only as long as my foot is pressing the switch. This way the pedal will only be UNmuted when I step on it.

Does such a thing exist?

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Not that I've heard of, but it can be easily made. You just need some jacks and a normally off momentary switch, if I understand your question correctly.

3. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Essentially you want a momentary looper pedal.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If it doesn't, it should. That's a really good idea. Like if you want to let an effect pass through at certain times only for brief passages, and not have to step on it more than once...way too tweakey for my tastes, but I could see a use for it.

5. +1

And, I think it should be set to be reversible as well. That could make for some really interesting killswitch-style rhythms.

6. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Reversable as in normally closed in stead of open? That would be pretty cool actually :)

7. theunknowndude

theunknowndude Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    kinda like the idea on the BF-3 where you can have a 'momentary' effect when u step on it if its on that setting,... only thing is I have no idea how that all works so im no help sorry!

8. If you have any soldering experience at all, this would be a very easy build. I can't imagine the parts costing more than $20, including the enclosure for it.

I actually added a momentary switch to my GBE600 footswitch that switches to the tube channel when it is pressed down! This way I can have it nice and clean then press it down for little fills and such! :bassist: