1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Non music related items attached to a bass or guitar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SamanthaCay, May 6, 2015.

1. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG!

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    What non music stuff have you seen attached to a bass or guitar?
    Examples would be, a bottle opener, remote control, perhaps a holder for your phone.
    Name anything you've witnessed and please post pics!

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I had some plastic rolling eyes I got from Taco Bell wedged into the headstock of my bongo for a while. Now I wanna find them again.

3. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    get ready for the Steam-Punk folks to weigh in Sam

4. WannabeBassman

WannabeBassman

Jan 17, 2015
    San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles)
    Someone told me pants are optional.
    The used Midtown I bought had a big vinyl laminate number 13 on the top.

Took me a number of weeks to get the courage to peel up a tiny corner to see if the finish was OK. Once I had done that, that tiny corner became the worst looking part of the laminate, so I felt committed to removing it. It was pretty tense but it came off OK, just a little residue that buffed off with some cleaner.

5. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

revlove3. I have a Snoopy sticker on the pick guard of my Precision and a dancing Charlie Brown on my Jazz. I also have a little tiny green Converse high top sneaker hanging from the A tuning peg on my Precision. Pretty weak I know, but that's all I got.

Malak the Mad and Taha-b like this.
  6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    A rear view mirror on Chong's Tele

7. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    Had beer caps and a Honda badge from a civic on my old dean ml.

8. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I have a reliced guitar. I thought it might look cool to have a bandolier strap on and put gun pistons and such on it.
    I have a band-aid around the outside of my Ibanez's control plate to help with opening it again.

9. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I want to get one of these for my upright when playing in low-overhead pits.

[​IMG]

AGH, Jon Moody, Obese Chess and 11 others like this.
  10. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    NOT in an effort to get all heavy on ya, but I wound a piece of black electricians' tape around the very top of the headstock of my Ric on the day Bobby Sands died. ( Go ahead and Google it...) It's been there ever since.
    Just within the last couple of years, I've taken to putting little equal signs on the headstocks of almost all of my guitars...that is, up until I ran out of them. They come from the HRC as part of their 'Christmas mailing list' thing. My son calls me 'The Sticker Whore'...you ought to see my truck!:rolleyes:

11. Back in the 1970s/1980s I used to have a burning cigarette stuck between the headstock and E string on occasion...

Not that I really recommend it...

12. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    fender_tele_used_2.
    Not mine.

13. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Back in the early days of The Flaming Lips, Wayne used to have one of those big rubber chickens that he ran his cable through so it looked like it was hanging off the jack by its beak.

I remember seeing some old AmRep noise-punk band whose bass player had a raccoon tail dangling from his headstock.

Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd's main Telecaster had what I used to think were round bike reflectors on it but apparently they were just big round silver stickers.

14. Antisyzygy

Antisyzygy

Dec 8, 2014
    Washington
    They make basses like that?!?!?

15. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Yeah!

16. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    blindrabbit likes this.
  17. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Feb 4, 2013
    jammin
    Do stickers count? I've got uno, 1, one sticker on the front of my woody guitar. Lame I know.

18. Tug bar?

Marial, hrodbert696 and goodformetal like this.
  19. SamanthaCay

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    Well I guess by my description they do, however I was thinking about more objecty objects (I'm sure this makes sense).
    Either way though I think any bass pics are pretty much welcome here so post away I say!

Also you guys are killing it! I'm digging Chong's rear view mirror.

20. SamanthaCay

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    HA! That's actually what gave me this thought in the first place!