Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Non-profit org website for diabetes...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Knavery, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I was just reading up on the Brecker story, which is very sad, and remembered that I need to fill all of you in on a site I built. It is dedicated to my brother Rob, who died 9 years ago from Diabetes. He was 22; I was 24.

My sister and a friend are putting together a banquet slotted for the March timeframe to help raise money for Camp Needlepoint--a summer camp for kids with diabetes. We have created the site for a couple of reasons: first, it's a tribute to our brother, and I want people to know who he was. Second, its function is to provide information on the banquet, and donation information. That is, when all is set up.

If the banquet is a success, we hope to start a non-profit organization that is dedicated to those with diabetes that can't afford the supplies--those that fall through the cracks.

The web address is: robremembered.com

It isn't completely finished yet, but I'd like input from all of you. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Both my Father and Father-in-law have Diabetes...

Being someone that gets checked regularly for it and a webmaster, I'd love to check out the site :bassist:

3. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I just sent you a PM to find out the address of the website...on another note, I do not think it would be against the rules to put the website info and link in your signature, you are a supporting member...

;)

4. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Ok. I put the web address in the original post. I am not selling anything, and it is purely non-profit. Well, right now it is purely informational as we haven't gotten the site completed as of yet. Please let me know what you all think. Thanks.

5. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    It's sad that more people aren't interested in this. I'm not sure what to think right now.

6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Just looked at the web site. Very nice

The camp sound like a great idea and very nice of you to do something like that. It's always good to hear people who give back to the community,

I do some hypoglycemia, almost control now, with a much better diet and some weight lost.