Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Non-Profits (my band's) CD for download. groove,jazz,drum&bass

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 6-stringer, Apr 18, 2004.

1. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    www.thenon-profits.com and go to audio. I thought I'd put this out here for you guys. Feel free to download the whole CD if you like, and let me know what you think. After 11 is my favorite track we have up on the site.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    didn't load

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I listened to the first 2 song and I like it a lot. I will download all of them. Thanks a lot!!

4. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Oh, to stream the tunes, you have to go to "properties" in each file, and stream them from there. We're still working a few bugs out. The site has only been up for a few days.

5. ZeppelinGuy141

ZeppelinGuy141

Apr 10, 2004
    all of you guys are really talented..i love numbetr 1

6. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    That's a really good looking site. Thumbs up

7. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Duuude. I am most impressed. Make some vinyl and sign me up. I really dig every single song you have on your site. It flows. It's free. It's tasteful.

Tell your drummer to buy Appleseed Cast's "Mare Vitalis". Their drummer is sure to spark some fire.

8. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Thanks a lot for listening fellas! If anyone is interested, we'll be recording a full length in july. Send me a message through the contact form on the website, and I'll put you on our mailing list. We'll also be up and down the east coast a little this summer. Thanks again guys. I really appreciate the feed back. Matt, I'll be sure to suggest that album to our drummer. What flavor is it?

9. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    my email address should be on my profile.

Umm...Appleseed Cast is hard to explain but Emo fits pretty well. If you go to their site you can hear some of their new stuff. The reason I love their drummer is because he isn't just the drummer but he really, honestly controls the depth and flow to the song. He has an unusual style for most drummers, lots of symbol work, but it isn't too much, it's well placed and suited to the emotion of the song.

http://theappleseedcast.com

Their last CD was a double CD that was very ethereal, space rock almost, lots of loop machines and the addition of a keyboardist. You can get a sample of all of their works on Deep Elm

You must, must let me know when you guys put out a whole CD, I have really enjoyed listening to your work. I'll buy the future CD right now.

10. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I dig it! Solid stuff, man!

Have you dug on The Slip? You guys sort of possess a similar sound.

11. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Yeah, we opened for the slip here in VA once. Great band. Great group of guys.

12. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    I just checked the stats for our website, and it turns out that posting this on talkbass has made for about 400 downloads from all over the globe, and a ton of referals to our site. So, sorry to whore my band, but I'm bumping. :p Thanks again guys.

13. Sounds amazing i am realling digging it.