1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Non-standard neck to fit a P-style body

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by CrazyArcher, Mar 12, 2008.

1. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    I think about reviving my old P-clone, which has half-broken headstock. I 'd rather get a non-standard neck to it, though, to add some twist. What I conteplate is a neck with pointed headstock like Jackson's, and to make it even weirder I thought about 3+1 tuners' setting. Do beasts like that exist. If not, what price for a custom-built one would be considered adequate? As far as woods are concerned, I'd flow with a generic maple neck.

2. envika

envika

Nov 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    you're looking at a LOT of money--a finished warmoth neck is about $300-350, so a custom would be substantially more

3. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    Well, I wandered over Warmoth's site, and the headstock they offer are pretty limited... Does ordering a a neck with paddle-like headstock, and sawing off the unneeded parts sound like a good idea? In this case $170 (plus cost of hardware, of course) doesn't sound like alot.