Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Non-USA Peavey Cirrus?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SnakeAnthony, Jan 27, 2006.

1. As I've said on a couple of posts so far, I am in pretty desperate need of a 5 string. I've looked around and thought about ordering a The Bass Company with out ever playing one (I came to my senses), thought about waiting as long as it takes for me to save up and get a Tobias, lots of options. But the other day when I went to check on the status of my Amp being repaired, I was fooling around on thie Peavey Cirrus 5-string that I play every time I go in. I love the feel of it alot, but I've only plugged it in once, as wasnt attempting to really analyze it when I did. I asked Paul, the bass tech what they were charging for it, and he said since its not a USA made, its going for 800. Then he told me he could go as low as 550-600 for me, 500 if I pay cash, and 550 cash with a case included. Is this a good deal? Is there any major difference in production quality of the Non-USA Peaveys? Any major electronical changes?

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Is it used? I've seen used ones on here/ebay for about that price...

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive seen USA cirruses go for $600 ish on ebay.

4. This is new. Its out on the rack, but apparently it gets little to no playing time aside from myself and a few other hopefuls. I'm not sure if its a 2004 or a 2005 model, but it is relativly new and unscathed. No dings, a few minor scratches. It could use some polishing, thats about it.

5. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I guess it´s a Cirrus BXP (Made in Korea).

Cirrus BXP

There´s nothing wrong with them, and they´re rated as very good basses. Search for "Cirrus BXP" and you´ll find a lot of opinions.

Anyway, I´d look for a USA Cirrus. 5 strings show up used from time to time in the $700-$800 range.

6. Here's the thing. Usually 200 dollars wouldnt make alot of difference in choosing what to get, but for me it does. I don't even have the 500 for this one yet. That and I'm not sure if I'm willing to purchase an used instrument that I've never played before for anthing more than 100. I'll keep an eye open for one next time I'm in Louisville or Nashville. But are there any differences in the electronics of the two? Different pickups? Different preamp?

7. Ty_Boogie

Ty_Boogie Bass, A way of life

Sep 6, 2004
    The Bronx, NYC
    great info in those links and tis thread too, thanx