Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

nonpoint

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by macool, Aug 5, 2001.

1. i heard a song by a band called nonpoint. it was caled what a day and in my opinoin kick some serious a$$. anyone know if there album is worth getting or are they just a one hit wonder?

2. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    hey i just saw them at a club last night here in jerzy....they are pretty cool. however a lot of there songs sounded very similar to each other. They are a good metal band but they dont bring ne thing new to the table.
    but those are my opinions....

3. "mind trip" is a real cool nonpoint song too, but "what a day" is my fav.

4. They are my favorite band after System of a Down. I love every song on the cd. Yes, you need to get it. The bassist is pretty good too. The songs, Victim, Years, Tribute, Endure are also awesome.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I latched onto Nonpoint in April, or was is Febuary? Anyway, I saw they were on the road with Mudvayne and Spineshank, so I downloaded Endure and Mindtrip. Go the album a week later. I think they are pretty good. Not the best, not the worst, just, good.
    My favorite songs are Orgullo, Hive, the First part of Doublestakked, and What a day. And, actually, Tribute. Then the rest of the album is just ok. But, hell, I'd seem em in concert if I could.

6. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i saw nonpoint again at ozzfest yesterday
    just as good but the thing that impressed me is that elias was a guest singer with taproot and he harmonized really well.

7. yes you got to get it, one of the best cd's out... it never leave's my 5 disk changer... well acutally it dose when i got to have it in the car. :D

8. I love Nonpoint, they're great. Mindtrip, What a day, Mislead, Endure, ah hell, I love all of their songs.
    Anyone heard Chop Suey by System Of A Down yet, I love it.

9. its so funny to hear you guys talk about nonpoint. The first time I saw em was 4 years ago when they just started coming out of the miami local scene. The were by far the biggest local band and Id go every weekend to see them play at a local venue caled the chille pepper. Now theyre pretty big, but theyve been playing the same damn songs for four years. Oh well theyre all right. If you wanna hear a good Miami local band listen to Aboriginal. good stuff. Theres actually a bunch of new band s that came out of miami; Endo, Darwins waiting room, Nonpoint, even marylin manson. Dont ever underestimate the power of the local scene.