1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nonsensical fastacical-ness.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Radical Edward, Nov 12, 2010.

1. burnouts do not work with front wheel drive. and seriously a dodge neon? :eyebrow:

2. LOL!!!

3. Wow, I've never seen a engine throw a rod so hard it bends the hood up, and I've seen plenty of blown engines, some I've done myself.

4. Ha.
    It's pretty ridiculous.

5. You can do a burnout with a front wheel drive, did them with a couple of previous cars, not always on purpose (Chrysler PT Cruiser GT HO, 230 hp). Especially with the wheels being wet.

It however doesn't work if you don't turn off "traction control". Which in Chryslers applies the brakes on the faster spinning wheel(s).

I am kind of amazed that the engine blew rather than smoking the transmission. Though it sounded like he had modified the engine, which could explain it.

6. Yeah, no stock Neon would sound anything like that. That motor was juiced.

7. Crass!

Crass!

Nov 24, 2008
    Honolulu
    http://www.crass.net/carstuff/9-13-crass.wmv

me in the black Jetta back in '01 or something like that =)

I once had a policeman accuse me of fishtailing my jetta - THATS impossible in a fwd, but not burnouts

8. Drinking whiskey makes this video better.

9. Pure awesome. Hahaha!!!!!

10. That was great. Best laugh I've had in a while.

It's just got it all: plastic sheet over the missing window, mismatched aftermarket wheels, suburban kid who thinks he's a badazz.

11. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    Timing belt has snapped and the pistons smashed through the engine block by the looks, silly boy.

At least he'll be off the road for a bit : )

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here's a knucklehead doing it in a Corvette.

13. ...and this beauty shows close-ups of the actual damage when a clutch goes south at speed.

14. Ouch! For some reason I don't find the Trans Am blowing its transmission funny, but the Corvette on the other hand...LOL!!!

15. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    Breathtaking acceleration though, that's gotta cost somehow ; )

That clutch went off like a rocket and took the rest with it, shame ; )

16. I'm thinking of doing that (acceleration bit) on one of our potholed village roads. I suspect there will be far more fun to be had :D

17. what's *fastacical-ness* mean?

18. Blah, blah, blah let's get off the topic of stupid car owners and on to something more random...

19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    A friend claims to have shot a rod through the hood of his old subaru...

Did it happen... I dont know.