Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

noob question about effects return

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bartman, Feb 11, 2005.

1. k this is what it says in the manual. At the rear of the Bassmaster XS800H head there are those to jacks. Is that what I would run my effects pedals theough and then use the "Effects Return" knob on the front to blend in as much of the "effected" signal as I want?

Should I run my SansAmp DI though those, or directly from bass to pedal to input.

Thanks,

sorry for the noobness

~bart

2. 1. Yes.

2. No. you can use the SABDDI in the effects loop, but I've always used mine straight into the input on my amp and it's always seemed to be fine.

Good luck!

:)

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    very cool that the amp lets you blend the effected signal - all amps should have that option (IMO) :smug:

fortunately the sans amp is also cool in that it has a blend control of its own. I've never used one in an effects loop.

Generally effects loops (especially post eq ones) have a hotter signal than your bass does and most stomp box effects have their inputs distorted by them.