Noob question about rackmount tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by srh, May 18, 2007.

1. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    ok, I think Im doing this wrong. I just got my rackmount tuner a little while ago, and im pretty sure im plugging things in wrong. I just plugged the actual plug from the tuner straight into the wall, so whenever I want to tune, I just flip the switch, put my amp on mute, take the cable out, plug it into the tuner, tune, and put it back into my amp :help:

If im not mistaken, isnt there a way to tune withought having to pull cables out? I see on videos and stuff where the tuner is always on, is that part of it? Im lost, sorry im a noob with this stuff..

anyone know what im asking?
    heres a picture of my amp setup if it would help any

steveamp2.jpg

2. Jason Gale

Jason Gale

Nov 14, 2004
    I have mine running through the effects loop on my amp so that when I press mute on the tuner it mutes the amp ready for me to tune. I don't need to unplug or anything either.

3. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    ok, thanks, I wil try that.

Anyone else have a different way they do this?

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Many amps have a tuner out jack. If you have one, just run a cable from that to the input jack of the tuner. Most rack-mount tuners have inputs on both the front and the back. That makes it pretty tidy, because there are no cables on the front of the rack. On this rig, I just plug into the Aggie, and the tuner is always on.

Attached Files:

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, the B1500 has a tuner out on the back, and the Fender RT-1000 has a rear input, so just run a short cable from the B-1500's tuner out jack to the rear input of the tuner. Then just leave the tuner on.

6. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    ok cool, thanks alot

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021