Noob question about wiring a Cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trauma_Luna, Dec 26, 2012.

  1. Trauma_Luna


    Nov 14, 2007
    So the original input jack of my 210 bass cab broke and i have to replace it, but now i'm in a dilemma, the input jack i bought have like three contacts, and the speakers only have 2 cable, what should i do?



    sorry for the ****** quality of the pics.
  2. Use the tip and the barrel (sleeve) ones and ignore the middle one.

    Red wire should be + on the tip.
  3. skychief


    Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    [The female jack you purchased is for stereo application ( tip/ring/sleeve).

    you need a MONO jack (tip/sleeve).

    but the stereo jack can be wired for mono operation;

    wire the positive (+) wire from the driver(s) to the TIP connection on the jack.

    wire the negative (-) wire to the SLEEVE connection on the jack.
  4. B-string

    B-string Supporting Member

    Note: The tip is lug that connects to the longest bent spring.

Share This Page