1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Noob question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cobra314, Oct 13, 2010.

1. cobra314

cobra314

Aug 23, 2010
    Owasso, OK
    I've only been playing about 8 months now. I just got a T-bird Pro today. My question is, since it has active electronics and uses a 9-volt battery, will it drain the battery if I leave it plugged in...not plugged into the amp...I mean the battery in the bass? Or do I need to take the battery out when I finish playing?

Thanks

2. IbanezBass69

IbanezBass69

Jul 14, 2010
    Minnesota
    Just un-plug the bass from the amp, and you will be all good. You are good to leave the battery in when you are not playing.

3. lx_night

lx_night

Sep 3, 2008
    Oklahoma city
    Yep, no need to remove the battery just unplug.

4. For a lack of a better description,the input jack acts like and on and off switch for the battery. When you plug your cord into it, it "turns on the bass". In case you're curious, use a good battery and you could get long life out of it. My Music Man has seen about 4 battery changes and i bought it new in 1998.:hyper:

5. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    8 months... T-bird pro...

My young friend, you are livin' RIGHT.

And yes - do what the rest of us do: Pull your cord from your bass when done playing. And you will forget (we all did) and you will go through a few batteries before you remember. It's part of the gig.

6. cobra314

cobra314

Aug 23, 2010
    Owasso, OK
    Thanks guys! That's kind of what I figured, but I just wanted to be sure.

Harry...unfortunately I'm not that young. I'm 42. I just always loved the bass and figured it was about time I learned to play!

7. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Make sure youre pulling the cord from the bass, not just from the amp. If you just pull it from the amp youll still drain the battery.