1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NOOB Shielding Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jherrera, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Jherrera

Jherrera Guest

Sep 25, 2004
    First off I searched all over this board and read everything to do with shielding but I still have some questions, (this is more than likely things that have been addressed as common knowledge and since I am totally new to this I just didn't get it.)

I'm playing a MIM Jazz bass.

1st I should cover the insides of the control cavity and pickup cavities with copper tape or shielding paint. correct?

The tape should overlap the edge a bit? correct?

I should use a screw and attach that black wire that is misteriously attached to my controls to that screw. correct?

My pickups each have two wires, if used in conjunction with an Audere Preamp should they just go into the four ports there or should I only attach the hots and take the commons to the ground lug screw thing?

I should run conductive wiring from the control cavity to both pick up cavities? correct?

Since its a MIM and has that routing on the surface of the bass should I use copper foil on that to connect both the neck pickup cavity and the control cavity?

Do i need to ever remove the bridge of my bass and do anything there?

Is there a better photo-step by step guide that utilizes an MIM bass?

Should I put copper foil on the underside of my pickgaurd?

Thanks guys, I really need people to simpifly this stuff for me.

-Julian

2. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    I hope you read this thread, as it has the info you need. Anything that the thread doesn't cover should have been asked there, rather than starting a new post. Lyle Caldwell is _the_ shielding man :)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021