Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Noobie confusion...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dumbassist, Mar 10, 2006.

1. dumbassist

dumbassist

Sep 5, 2005
    Ok, heres the problem,

ive been researching for abt 1 yr on Bass guitars...(during my pasttime of course) and i was wondering what bass shud i get for ard SGD700 and below...(ard there)... i was thinking of either one of these...

SX SJB 62 + 15watt amp set SGD250
    Yamaha RBX 170
    ESP B-50
    Samick (dunnoe what model)
    Santa' fe

I dont see any sense in Buying Expensive basses like Music Mans and Fenders yet... But I plan to modify my bass with Seymours and bad Ass Bridges...I wonder if SX will be a gd bass to mod?

:help:
    Any Suggestions?

I play punk

and do you know where i can get any gd Punk Bass books in S'Pore?

btw...
    Does anybodie know where i can get a Mike Dirnt Signature bass Shipped to singapore?? where and what is the cost?

Thanks in Advance...

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    You don't have to spend alot to get alot. The basses you have listed are entry level models. There is nothing wrong with them and they can be modified. What you might find however is that by the time you change most of the parts, you end up paying almost as much (and sometimes more) than if you had purchased a better quality bass in the first place. You should really music stores and try out some of the basses that interest you. Better still if you have a friend who already plays bass and is willing to come along and have a listen.