Nooby stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Juddium, May 24, 2004.

1. Juddium

May 24, 2004
    Alright, I've been playing bass long enough now to want my own gear, but I'm a little lost because I haven't been playing bass enough to know what gear I want. What is the ideal setup for a $400-$500 price range? I'm able to borrow a bass for now, but not an some point I'll want my own bass of course, but I wanna at least hear what I've got for right now.

Anyone point me the right way? Car stereo's don't appear to be the same as bass amps... :scowl:
  2. Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    well i suggest get a dinky 15 watt practice amp, enought to hear yourself
  3. Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I really depends on how you're planning to use it. Are you looking for something for personal practice only or something that you can use in a band situation?
  4. Juddium

May 24, 2004
    Definately looking for something I can use in a band situation. I do a little playing for worship and the like, and they don't have squat for a good setup - plus I want to be able to have something worthwhile to use in case I get lined up in a band.
  5. How about a Peavey TNT? I think about everyone has one of these at one point or another haha. They're usually very cheap used and sound fine in a band. Only downfall is they are HEAVY.