Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nooby stuff

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Juddium, May 24, 2004.

1. Juddium

Juddium

May 24, 2004
    Alright, I've been playing bass long enough now to want my own gear, but I'm a little lost because I haven't been playing bass enough to know what gear I want. What is the ideal setup for a $400-$500 price range? I'm able to borrow a bass for now, but not an amp...at some point I'll want my own bass of course, but I wanna at least hear what I've got for right now.

Anyone point me the right way? Car stereo's don't appear to be the same as bass amps... :scowl:

2. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    well i suggest get a dinky 15 watt practice amp, enought to hear yourself

3. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I really depends on how you're planning to use it. Are you looking for something for personal practice only or something that you can use in a band situation?

4. Juddium

Juddium

May 24, 2004
    Definately looking for something I can use in a band situation. I do a little playing for worship and the like, and they don't have squat for a good setup - plus I want to be able to have something worthwhile to use in case I get lined up in a band.

5. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    How about a Peavey TNT? I think about everyone has one of these at one point or another haha. They're usually very cheap used and sound fine in a band. Only downfall is they are HEAVY.