1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Noooo, not again!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lucfor, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Here I go again!!

I can't stop changing my mind about the new cab I am going to buy. I think I need some help.

I am almost decided to go for a 4x10 as a single cab (no money for 2 cabs). I have tried few cabs available here in Europe for the price I can afford - around 800 euros (or dollars, more or less).
    I compared a Warwick 411 pro with an Ashdown 410 h, and preferred the latter. I also tried a Mark Bass 410 standard (Italian brand) wich was ok. At the end, I was almost decided on the Ashdown 410. But now I have seen that I can get an EBS 410 for 800 euros and I am tempted to buy it. But I don't think I have the chance to try it before.

I have heard some people say that it's got enough bottom end for a 5 string bass, others are not too convinced.

I play a Yamaha TRB 5 PII through a Hughes and Kettner bassbase 400 head.

What do you think? EBS or Ashdown?

Thanks!!

Luca

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I firmly believe in try before you buy. I even try to borrow or hire equipment I'm thinking about buying so I can try it where it counts - at a gig. This is not always possible but I certainly wouldn't buy something I haven't heard with my own ears. Too risky.

3. The EBS has plenty of bottom end, but it's not a particularly warm cabinet. It has a bit of a metallic edginess to it. That's not a bad thing, just a different flavor. Make sure you try before you buy.