Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by -Joch-, Mar 2, 2002.

1. I went up to the mountains snowboarding last week and as I etempted a nice little jump, I lost control and managed to break my wrist. :( DAMN. So now I won't be able to play bass for 4 weeks. The most annoying part is that I'll be picking up my new Warwick Corvette this monday. I hope it heals properly so I'll be able to play agin soon, and remember to take good care of your bones :)
  2. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    sorry to hear about your wrist Joch :-|

Welcome to the Warwick family!

just dont get tempted to play the new bass before your hand has fully recoverd.
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Which wrist is it?
    (Presuming you are a right hander) if it is your right hand you could play with a plectrum and just use your shoulder to move it up and down but that would be very akward and also probably more painful after a while than playing WITH a broken wrist.

Besides, Warwicks are'nt really good for plectrums!:D IMO:D :D
  4. Damn! Another person with an injury that takes them out of bass playing.

Take your vitamins man! Drink a lot of milk, eat a lot of vegetables. Take care of it! Don't let it be a lifelong injury. As soon as the bone healed properly, get that range of motion back. If you have to go to P.T., do it!
  5. Thanks for all the helping words. It's the right wrist (I guess thats better for me in the "bass-perspective" since I'm right handed). I actually tried to play a bit today, but I realized it was stupid because when I did, it started to hurt again, the bandage (what du you call it, the hard bandage-thing ,a plaster?) is to big for me to be comfortable anyway. I think it's better if I just leave it alone so it heals as it's supposed to.

Maybe I should hide my basses so I don't get tempted;) :D
  6. Sorry to hear that. Snowboarding sure is great though. I'll tell you what...while you heal just send that Corvette over to the great white north and I'll take good care of it while you recover. ;) Sounds good to me.
  7. Congratulations Joch your now in the club of INJURED BASSISTS along with Tufnuts and I ( He Chopped his finger open and i broke my finger) Ya but that sucks I hope your wrist heals fast and properly
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hey, hey, HEY! Let's be careful out there!
  9. Believe me..I'm trying. I want to get this healed ASAP so we can start trying out singers and drummers.

That being said...I slammed my injured finger in the door as I was leaving the house last night. So I tore it open again, and bled some more. Didn't tear the stitches that's good.