1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NorCal Seminar with Anthony Wellington Oct 30

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by kesslari, Sep 30, 2010.

1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Wanted to let people know that Anthony Wellington will be doing a seminar (and some private lessons) in San Jose on Saturday 10/30.
    The seminar will be 10am:

Family Community Church
    478 Piercy Rd
    San Jose, CA

I'll add price and contact information when I have it.

Anthony's website is http://www.bassology.net/

I can honestly say, after 30 years of playing music, with many of those years spent as a professional educator, that Anthony is one of the best players AND teachers I've ever met, and that covers a lot of ground. One of the best of each (player and teacher) and a really remarkable combination of both (an off-the-scale bass teacher).

This will be a great time, and you'll walk away with a better knowledge of music and of your instrument.

2. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    Bumping this with price info - for Pete's sake, it's only $5!!!!
    That's insane.

Somebody post something, and come on out!

3. OnThaCouch

OnThaCouch

Aug 10, 2006
    Fairfield, CA
    Looks like I don't have anything on my calendar for that day....woohoo :hyper:.

I think I would be a ton too intimidated to actually bring my bass to something like this but it would be awesome to glean some knowledge from someone like Mr. Wellington.

Thanks for posting the info.
    Tom

4. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    Bring your bass. Anthony is a pretty mellow guy and not at all intimidating - you'll learn a ton.

5. With wife/kids... this is just too far for me to drive.

Would LOVE to go to this!

6. emluper

emluper

Aug 31, 2010
    This seminar should be a lot of fun guys, it's going to be at my church and we tried to keep it affordable. There is plenty of room so invite as many friends as you can! BTW, there are still one or two private lessons available too. They are $60 for the one hour lesson. Hope to see you there!

7. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    i'm totally in if nothing comes up. should be able to make it.

this is a ridiculous thing for only $5. i'll coming down from Berkeley to it.

thanks for setting this up EmLuper and thanks for the heads up KesslaRRRRrrrrri!

8. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - The Final Frontier.. Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Totally worth it! We had Anthony at a recent GTG here in VA and he was awesome, he'll have you rethinking bass, but in a fun and enjoyable way!

9. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    Bumping this - a pretty rare Bay Area opportunity to learn with one of the true greats.

10. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    Giving this the ol' bumparoo before this weekend.

11. emluper

emluper

Aug 31, 2010
    Hey folks, got a preview last night when I was with Ant and Victor for Vic's clinic at Bananas at Large. This should be a lot of fun. BTW, I still have 3 lesson slots available if someone is interested. Hit me up at emluper@sbcglobal.net and I'll set you up.

12. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    last minute bump for an awesome thingy.

woot!

13. kesslari

Dec 21, 2007
    Augh.... family stuff came up and I can't make it. I did manage to come down yesterday for a GREAT lesson with Anthony.
    Look forward to hearing how this clinic went, and I'm bummed not to meet you cats.

B - consider me now committed for your Marin County effectoid GTG thingy. Gotta meet you soon.

14. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    NICE! gon a hold you to that, and try to nail down a date for that one. it's just wrapping up now. Mr. Wellington IS an amazing player and teacher. i'm bummed that my schedule won't let me fit in a private lesson. they said they're gonna try to do this again, and i'm gonna make sure i have more time.

thanks for telling me about this Kessles! was freaking amazing!

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021