1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Nordstrand 4 string Dual Coil pickups (serial wound)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ric426, Mar 18, 2018.

1. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Price:
    $125
    Here's an older pair of Nordstrand Dual Coil pickups, BC size, wound optimized for series operation. Functional 100%, but there is one cosmetic blem pictured in the detail photos. They came to me with a crack on the single screw hole on one pickup. It has since been patched and reinforced internally and has not been a problem since then.
    I'm asking $125 shipped (Paypal ok), but I'm also interested in trading for a Nordstrand 3 band preamp or possibly a Bartolini 3 band preamp. Might consider a trade that would replace the Big Singles in my Ibanez 6 string with other Nordstrand or Bartolini pickups (I'll add cash for the right trade). Open to other possible trades too.

DC Fronts. DC Backs. DC  DetailFront. DC DetailBack.

2. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    In response to some apparent confusion, yes, they can be wired in series or parallel or even single coil, but Nordstrand sells two different configurations, optimized for either series or parallel operation and to minimize changes in output levels when switching between them. According to someone affiliated with Nordstrand, the DC resistance of these pickups would indicate that they are the ones optimized for series connection.

3. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    This is a Steal on the best pickups made IMO.